Saturday, April 26, 2008

Bogus Batts



Here in the town where I live, there are a lot of fake products. Of course there are always the imitation Armani shirts and the unlicensed DVDs and CDs, which you can buy just about anywhere here. Sometimes though, a fake product could be dangerous. For example, once I bought a fake bottled tea, which was a very close copy of the original brand. It even had the original brand’s web address on the back. I took one taste and returned it to the seller. I figured that if the company owner didn’t care about honesty and ethical business practice, he probably didn’t care about my health either, so I didn’t dare drink it.

A few months ago, I bought some Nanfu batteries for my digital camera. Nanfu is a respected brand here that makes good reliable batteries. I was surprised though that when I got the batteries into my camera, it wouldn’t turn on. I went across the street and bought the same brand of batteries from a different store, and my camera worked. The first set of batteries was bogus. Here is a picture of two fake batteries and two real ones. Can you see the difference?

1 comment:

Daniel Miller said...

I take it that the difference is in the characters. Btw. I updated my blog.