Hi Friends and Family,
As you can tell, having a baby has kept me busy. I haven't posted for a while. I have been taking care of the baby and studying Chinese and doing some other things.
My Chinese has made great progress. I have been reading The Three Character Classic with the (very necessary) help of a commentary. I'm almost done with the book/poem now. When I finish, I plan to take a break on Chinese for a while. I have gotten pretty obsessed with this studying Chinese thing, so I need to take some time to get my life back in order. I really enjoy studying and learning tons of new things about Chinese ancient history and culture and literature, but at the end of the day I feel a bit restless, like it has all been in vain. It brings to mind a line from one of my favorite books, Ecclesiastes: "And I gave my heart to know wisdom, and to know madness and folly: I perceived that this also is vexation of spirit. For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow."
Saturday, September 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment