The addict knows,
The guy I saw asleep beneath past days news knows,
The lady, needle sharing, partner sharing, lady,
now near her end on white sheets knows,
The girl now knows,
The girl who heard the words
"Forever," "always," "true," and "love"
From lips that spoke them countless times before,
Who now has just a memory the night left and
A woman's clinic receipt of payment,
The boy too knows,
Whose pa buys bargain beers
And having neither punching bag nor wife
Gives his boy reminders, blue and black on pale skin,
To stay away from Dad on drinking days,
I well know too
that it "brings forth death."
---------------------------------------
This is a draft of a poem that I am working on. I have been meaning to post it for a long time, but have had no time to revise it. I decided just to post it as is rather than to keep waiting.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment